• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rex

Mi16 High Lift Cams Into Gti-6?

rex

Hi everyone,

Hope the new year is treating you all as well as it is the Rex :lol:

Right - I've got a whole Mk1 306 Gti-6 here ready to become the donor for the 205. In the never-ending quest for more parts to litter the workshop I have "aquired" another 205 GTi - this one had a 2.0 bottom end (xsara) with an Mi16 head with a twin 45 setup and looks like it was put together over a few beers and a pizza by someone not blessed with the use of his/her hands or fingers.

Now, the previous owner of this car refused to believe me when I told him he was a nutcase for running unleaded fuel - until lo and behold, it shat a valve into piston number 4......bad news for him, heh, freebee for me :(:rolleyes: Obviously what's left of the engine is headed for the same pile as my 8v turbo lump minus the crank, however when I stripped the head (hey aluminium makes good money :rolleyes:) it turned out to have Kent cams (which ones I'm not sure) and brand new Kent vernier pulleys....

...will these babies go into the GTi-6 engine? Or have I got meeself all excited over nowt?

Kind regards to all,

Rex

returnofjim

Nah mi16 cams dont fit gti6 engines.

rex

You replied to that before I even posted it!

(sigh) Ah well.....

Sign in to follow this