• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Edp

Mi16 G/box On A 306 Gti6

Edp

Fitted my Mi16 clutch and gearbox to my GTi6 engine earlier, used the bearing supplied, used a clutch alignment tool and it all bolted together nicely. My only question is how stiff should the fork lever be?

Should i be able to push the lever by hand? as i can't. Stupid question but i don't want to get the engine in the bay, connect up the cable and not be able to press the clutch!

Any experience is appreciated :wacko:

ablister

are you trying to operate the clutch by only using the clutch fork? If so, that's normal. Clutch pressure plate fingers are very strong and need assistance from pedal to be able push them in so will be almost impossible to push them in using fork alone.

jackherer
Should i be able to push the lever by hand?

No :unsure:

Super Josh

Ed did you also replace the bearing on each end of the clutch fork? Won't help with yoo trying to disengage it by hand, but it makes the pedal much lighter.

Josh

Edp

Ok so it all sounds normal! I didn't josh but I may aswell while the engines out the car :rolleyes:

Cheers guys...

Super Josh
Ok so it all sounds normal! I didn't josh but I may aswell while the engines out the car :lol:

Cheers guys...

Defo worth doing and only a couple of quid from Pug :rolleyes: 217514 + 217515 :(

Josh

Sign in to follow this