• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Worrying Noise

Pob

Hi all,

Since owning my 205 it has been making a ticking noise, but it's getting worse. :wacko:

It starts fine, it runs fine and it goes very well. When I start it from cold I get a dull tick, when it warms a little its fine. When its upto running temperature its quite loud, you can hear it in the car. Its a bit of a weird one, at certain revs i.e idle the ticking/rattling it comes and goes. It doesn't get any louder with revs just faster.

But recently it seems to have got louder and I'm getting a little concerned. I replaced the exhaust manifold last week along with gaskets, It sounded better then it started going back to normal. I've nipped the manifold up a couple of days ago.

The noise is coming from around the head area, it's hard to pin point the exact area. I know the XU engines aren't super refined so I don't expect it to sound like a Bentley, but this sounds like something isn't right.

I've checked valve clearances .20 on exhaust and inlet, I have a high lift cam, the exhaust is suppose to be .25. I'm tempted to check the cam caps for wear, is there anything else I could check?

Thanks,

Dan

RP1983

I have known injectors to make a ticking noise in the past.

Could be worth a look.

Good luck

Pob
I have known injectors to make a ticking noise in the past.

Could be worth a look.

Good luck

I've had a listen around the injectors, you can hear them ticking slightly.. This is more of a mechanical tick/rattle sort of noise.

Thanks,

Dan

Sign in to follow this