• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kent

Alloy Inlet S16

kent

Just wanted to see if someone have any pictures on the alloy inlet part on the S16 engine?

Have tried to search but cant find any except an ebay link.

ericdean

This bit . . . .

stuckbutterflys.jpg

This is the only pic I have of it, If I get out into the garage later i'll try and take some more as its off the head at the moment.

Eric

kent

Yes that is the bit im looking for more pictures on. =)

ericdean

Here you go Kent, if there is any other angles/close ups you need I'll try and take some while its off the head . .

S16Inletfronttop.jpg

S16Inletengineside.jpg

S16Inletside.jpg

Cheers

Eric

kent

BIG thanks Eric :blush:

Dan Ingram

Whats the need for the extra ports with the butterflies in by the way? I have one of these that cam ewith my engine but I'm putting a GTi6 on mine as this one looks a bit complicated.

DrSarty

S16 had an AVAC system. Apparently effective but not always reliable. The two plastic mushrooms at either end of the inlet as you can see have rods attached which operate those butterflies you mention and in effect lengthen the inlet tract IIRC.

You may have read alot about 'trumpet length' on ITBs. That's because the length has an effect on torque and power delivery as I understand it, offering in the main more mid-range, and this was an extremely clever effort by Peugeot to make a variable inlet length system. I also hear that when it's working it's pretty damn effective.

Simpleton answer; but I believe basically correct.

welshpug

spot on there DrSarty :blush:

its a very simple system that does work very well, its not helped by a few fragile components that are prone to breaking by clumsy mechanics...

Vauxhall have their own version of it called "twinport" which is very similar, and the 206 gti180 had a variable length inlet pipework instead of a variable manifold.

one thing I've wanted to try was this inlet on the gti6 head....

Miles

When I had my new Mi16 (Lemans one) man moon's ago I thought the 1.9 was just as good and less peaky of all things but I think it was a good engine as it kept hitting the limiter in 5th quite often, But when you try a 6 you just can;t compare the 2

Sign in to follow this