• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ORB

Sexy Stuff

ORB

So I rang Bogg's, and they said it would be early Julember 4013 before I could get a manifold let alone a RR slot.

So I built my own and to be honest, it is not great and it looks s*ite, but it works.

Then, I was told about Shenpar.

Paid for it and next day it arrived.

Pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/orb...81/P1170005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/orb...81/P1170004.jpg

Bye Bye to the old one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/orb...81/PA220001.jpg

Batfink

can you mount the carbs directly onto the manifold. You really dont want to use silicon hosing..

Peetypug

i agree ^^

get some of the standard r1 rubbers from a bike breakers

M_R_205

i had 2 lots of the silicone hose and both sets disintegrated,

the manifold i got of shenpar was cheap and quick but not too good, didnt fit the carbs well and the servo take off was 1, in a bad place, and 2, the wrong size!

i hope yours is a better fit :)

ORB

I offered it all up and seems to be the correct spacing and angle for the carbs.

I also have the rubbers to connect the manifold.

I paid £200 for it, and it seems to be decent quality and fit.

Contact Shenpar on www.shenpar.com

ORB

All fitted now, and I must say, it goes on well, beautifully spaced and clears the engine mount nicely as I was worried about this.

Will get a pic later if anyone is interested.

Also, Will be listing my old home brew inlet for sale on Ebay later for anyone wanting it?

DrSarty

Gonna be breathing gulps of hot air being that close to the rad.

On Des Developments' web site are some nice photos of a 205 conversion including throttlebodies and a shaped metal cold air scoop running over the rad to feed the inlets. Might be worth a shnurgle?

ORB

Yeah, my plan is not complete!

I am going to build up a custom Air Box with cold air feed incorperated, or I was going to go with a scoop/vent in the bonnet?

Dream Weaver
can you mount the carbs directly onto the manifold. You really dont want to use silicon hosing..

Ran mine on silicon clamps for approaching 2 years now and they are fine, still nice and supple and no issues whatsoever. Certainly didn't affect the RR result anyway. :ph34r:

paul_portsmouth

the quality of that looks way down on a bogg one i had one made for my old car in 4 weeks from them cost me 236 for a manifold and rejet( no on a rr)

see the piccys

boggbors5.jpg

boggbros3.jpg

boggbros.jpg

these were before my 205 so looked like this fittd up ( they only had my standard inlet and the carbs to work from)

STA60007.jpg

Sign in to follow this