• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul_portsmouth

Engine Revs Hunting

paul_portsmouth

how can i stop it hunting really bad

so bad if i rev it some times it cuts out as the revs drop too low

richsmells

Give everything a good clean (breather hoses, throttle body and idle screw, AFM) and try advancing the ignition a little bit (but not too far) and adjust the idle screw to suit. This solved my idle problems. It now sits dead on 1200 on start up and falls to 900-1000 once warm.

Edited by richsmells

Anthony

If it's hunting it's normally down to running too rich at idle - clean up the throttle body and breathers, and wind the mixture screw on the AFM out a few turns until it improves (or if you can get access to a gas analyser, aim for around 1-1.5% CO).

Set the idle speed to be about 900rpm hot with full electrical load (lights, interior fan, heated rear screen etc) which should be roughly 1000rpm without.

paul_portsmouth

did think it was a tad rich by the BLACK smoke lol its all been apart so everything is relativly clean just needs adjusting up by the sounds of it

Phil205
Give everything a good clean (breather hoses, throttle body and idle screw, AFM) and try advancing the ignition a little bit (but not too far) and adjust the idle screw to suit. This solved my idle problems. It now sits dead on 1200 on start up and falls to 900-1000 once warm.

How do you advance the ignition ?

Sign in to follow this