• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DamirGTI

Leaky Sunroof

DamirGTI

Hello !

I have some problems with the sunroof leak , it's lift/pop up sunroof (not a sliding one..) "Britax" make : http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/8/84A10A.HTM

How to stop this bloody leak ? :unsure: i'm not so sure from where it's actually leaking but i can see some water leaking around lift up handle and on the front area on left and right corners around the seal ...

Anyone knows price for sunroof seal : 8402 31

Thanks !

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

Pugnut
Hello !

I have some problems with the sunroof leak , it's lift/pop up sunroof (not a sliding one..) "Britax" make : http://www.stuartmcguire.co.uk/pug/GB/205F/8/84A10A.HTM

How to stop this bloody leak ? :unsure: i'm not so sure from where it's actually leaking but i can see some water leaking around lift up handle and on the front area on left and right corners around the seal ...

Anyone knows price for sunroof seal : 8402 31

Thanks !

Damir

0000840231 SUNROOF SEAL 57.18 GBP

kate205gti

ive got this prob in my 1.1 too!! i find carrier bags and beach towels handy :unsure: let me know if the seal fixes it thou :lol: silicon definately doesnt!! :(

McDude

It might not be the big seal - it might be the two little ones where the hinge is bolted through the glass.

Just a thought (it was where my 1st 205 with a factory roof leaked) and cheaper to resolve than a new seal.

DamirGTI

... bugger not so cheap is it :unsure: i'll try attacking it with a tube of silicone first as i'm really a bit tight with the money ...

Thanks ! :lol:

Damir

DamirGTI
It might not be the big seal - it might be the two little ones where the hinge is bolted through the glass.

Just a thought (it was where my 1st 205 with a factory roof leaked) and cheaper to resolve than a new seal.

Ok. i'll look around tomorrow morning to make sure from where is dripping down ...

Is it a hard job to remove/refit this type of sunroof ? so that i can apply sealant all around the edges and refit the glass and seal back ... :mellow:

Damir

Sign in to follow this