• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

1.9 Mi16 Black Box Injection And Pump Relays

pp205

Hi,

I have a question regarding the above relays that sit in the black box where the jack used to be.

Are they both the same? The ones I have both have the code 03601 and are 12v/25a and are shown on page 94 of the 405 Haynes manual.

At the moment I can't start the engine and one of the relays clicks but the other doesn't, please can someone confirm if they are the same?

Thanks Simon

Stu

I asked this question a bit back buddy and didnt get a definitive answer, according to the wiring diagram the only difference is a diode fitted to the supply of the injection relay if i remember correctly, i too had a dodgy relay so just replaced them both with a couple that had the same configuration of latch/coil, i went to the local scrappy and filled my pockets with relays to test.. :(

I think i ended up with a pair from a Rover 200 of all things!

Also, what should happen is when the ignition i turned on, the injection relay should click, the fuel pump only becomes energised under cranking/running, so keep that in mind, i spent ages trying to work out why the fookin' thing would energise..

Ive been all through the testing procedure mate so if theres anything specific you need drop me a pm, and ill do my best!

Edited by stu da rude

Sign in to follow this