• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
isub

[body_work] Neglected Pug!

isub

Picked up this neglected 205 the othe day, and set to trying to bring some life into it.

Appologises as its more of a 'salvage' then any kind of restoration, still lots to do, and with just 80k miles on shes too good to scrap.

I've always had mk2 golfs to fiddle with and this is my first peugeot, it does drive but i towed it home due to it being standing, cant wait to have my first go!! :(

Anyway, after being parked up for 2 years, the paint had all the reflection of a brick!

img1378zf1.jpg

img1383pb9.jpg

img1384xo4.jpg

img1381oa8.jpg

img1386nq5.jpg

Quick test on the wing using a splodge of Menzerna.

img1388sq1.jpg

And the rest of the car, not yet waxed yet though.

img1391ed5.jpg

img1395bi8.jpg

img1394rg8.jpg

Next up is getting it through the MOT :ph34r: Just in the middle of a service. And then treat any rust!

Jrod

Whip that fugly boot panel off and whack it on ebay, should make an easy £40 :(

isub
Whip that fugly boot panel off and whack it on ebay, should make an easy £40 :ph34r:

Ha Ha, its gonna be done mate, already brought the black one. Once delivered it'll be on ebay.

Why is it they go for so much? One went for £37 the other day, and the black one i brought was about £15.

Dont understand, as they really do look bad!! :(

stufarri
Ha Ha, its gonna be done mate, already brought the black one. Once delivered it'll be on ebay.

Why is it they go for so much? One went for £37 the other day, and the black one i brought was about £15.

Dont understand, as they really do look bad!! :(

They are quite rare and give a tidy 205 that real retro look. Think they look OK and I did think about getting one myself but prefer them standard. Most of them have got fine cracks in them caused by taking them off - so be careful with it!

isub
They are quite rare and give a tidy 205 that real retro look. Think they look OK and I did think about getting one myself but prefer them standard. Most of them have got fine cracks in them caused by taking them off - so be careful with it!

where they an aftermarket part then?

welshpug

dealer fit option :( they look better on black or white cars IMO, a bit of a clash with the red.

M_R_205

It looks quite tidy realy nothing majorly wrong, on the 3rd pic it looks like its leaning to the right slightly, is this so or is it your drive??

isub
It looks quite tidy realy nothing majorly wrong, on the 3rd pic it looks like its leaning to the right slightly, is this so or is it your drive??

I think its my dodgy photos, i had not notice anything odd.

There is not a lot wrong, a bit of rust on the sills. The interior is really good, no cracks or rips.

Edited by isub

Miles

It looks like the bottom of the rear qtr's is filler as the lip should follow the bottom edge of the door

But I must say for a red car to look red in a photo it must be a very good red

isub
It looks like the bottom of the rear qtr's is filler as the lip should follow the bottom edge of the door

But I must say for a red car to look red in a photo it must be a very good red

Yes Your spot on, at some time someone has gone mad with the filler.

I've grinded it all off, and tbh i cant see why it was done as ther is only two coin size holes.

huzzer
Yes Your spot on, at some time someone has gone mad with the filler.

I've grinded it all off, and tbh i cant see why it was done as ther is only two coin size holes.

Body kit removed maybe? Are they rust holes or drilled?

EDIT: WOW!! thats an impressive transformation to that detailingworld pug!! :(

Edited by huzzer

MrG

is this the one from ebay? well done, be nice to see what its like on the road after all that time.