• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tommy16v

Gti-6 Head, S16 Block And A Few Questions!

Guest Tommy16v

First of all I have already searched for the information I am looking for.

I have an s16 engine in my 205, however it had an external water leak from the H/G. And after removing the head it became clear that not only would it need a skim and some welding but it wasn't worth spending money on. And after a little chat with QEP decided that the better flowing GTI-6 along with inlet and outlets would be much better. So i bought a GTI-6 head along with inlet and outlet manifolds. I have re-furbished the head and am now ready to build the engine back up and put it into my 205. However I have few qustions.

1- When I install the engine should I do so with the exhaust manifold fitted or fit this after the engine is in place (for clearance reasons)? And also will it foul the bulkhead?

2- Has anyone actually done this (GTI6 head S16 block), as I would be interested to know how you mated the throttle body to the GTI-6 Inlet manifold?

3- Will the GTI-6 cam cover foul the M/C like the S16 cam cover did?

4- And if anyone has any other general information, that would be great. Please no comments about how it would be easier to fit a GTIi-6 engine though!

welshpug

Should fit easily enough I'd have thought, it is the same bottom end after all.

Someone on gti6oc has just done the same but with a 1.9 mi.

manifold clearance varies, most go in no probs though, but the cam cover does usually need some trimming or mount adjusting.

Sign in to follow this