• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Rear Beam Rebuild Help

M_R_205
I am due to pick up a trailing arm from GSF tomorrow, so I hope that it is not a wind up!

Cool let me know if its good quality,

Another question, is it ok to fit the bearings to a shot blasted beam or does it have to be nice and smooth where i fit them??

stutto
Cool let me know if its good quality,

Another question, is it ok to fit the bearings to a shot blasted beam or does it have to be nice and smooth where i fit them??

It is a genuine Peugeot part, £39+ from GSF or £65+ from my dealer. Part number on the box is 517617, it looks right to me.

A2TheA

sorry to hijack but

recently had my mot done got the car back and my rear suspension has started to squeek and creek. does this mean i need to get it rebuilt? or something else?

just adds to the other noises of a classic 205 gti. :)

there is no way i would be able to do this myself due to lack of facilities and tools. so what is the 'going rate' for someone to do it for me?

sorry again but thanks

stutto
sorry to hijack but

recently had my mot done got the car back and my rear suspension has started to squeek and creek. does this mean i need to get it rebuilt? or something else?

just adds to the other noises of a classic 205 gti. :D

there is no way i would be able to do this myself due to lack of facilities and tools. so what is the 'going rate' for someone to do it for me?

sorry again but thanks

One firm I got a bottom end off and a firm I've seen on ebay offer a refurbed beam on an exchange basis for around £300-350 (plus delivery).

You'd have to ask people on here directly if that is what you are getting at and it obviously depends on the state of your beam, my long term project I thought was in good nick but one of the trailing arm shafts was pitted. I don't think you can really tell until you get it apart.

Bearings, seals, screws etc come to about £75 from a dealer. See my post above for trailing arm shaft prices but they cannot be swapped easily in your garage, so you'll probably end up paying someone with a press to do it.

Sign in to follow this