• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomson

Tailgate Removal

Rob Thomson

I might need to remove the tailgate from my 205. I'm not worried about unbolting it and removing the struts, but how do I disconnect the umbilicals?

Thanks.

M@tt

iirc when i had my boot removed during its respray you just need to unplug the wiper and washer motor connectors.

You might need to actually remove the plastic plugs as well to just leave spade connector terminals, make sure you tape them up though to prevent shorting, or disconnect battery.

then tie some good solid string round the ends of them (so you can get them back in afterwards), and it should then just be a case of pulling the rubber flexi boot at the top of the boot and along with the wires out of the hole on the top of the boot lid. Once the wire has been pulled out you should now have a length of string routing up through the boot innards, then when you come to refit it just retie the wire ends to the string and pull it back through using the string hangin out the bottom.

HTH

Jrod

photo0108oh0.jpg

Just unplug it then it call comes out easily.

Rob Thomson

Thanks.

So there are no nice convenient connectors near the umbilicals, I've got to disconnect at the wiper motor etc... Bloody French cars!

Rob Thomson

Thanks Jrod, that looks easier!

M@tt

ah that does look easier :huh: probably should hve done it that way instead :)

Sign in to follow this