• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
osama

Leaking!

osama

I realised i had leaking for a while but have only just realised where its been coming from as i have nothing in the car at the moment. its coming from underneath the glovebox there is some material that is soaking wet and water even drips off of it! is that due to my windscreen leaking or?!<br>

how would i go about fixing it if it was?<br>

also quick question, my horn has stopped working?! how do i check out whats up with it?

thanks!

osama

GLPoomobile
I realised i had leaking for a while but have only just realised where its been coming from as i have nothing in the car at the moment. its coming from underneath the glovebox there is some material that is soaking wet and water even drips off of it! is that due to my windscreen leaking or?!<br>

how would i go about fixing it if it was?<br>

IMO this is the worst area to leak in terms of tracking it back :D You really need to try and trace up behind the dashboard on the bulkhead as far as you can see without removing the dash to see where it's coming from. One idea is to dry the area thoroughly and then put some kitchen towel/toilet paper on the bulkhead and see where it gets damp. Also, does this happen when the car is left stationary or after going for a driver in the rain (there are some causes that would only let in water if you have been driving and the water is thrown up, in theory)?

Some possibilities are:

Bulkhead grommets for wiring loom/bonnet release cable etc. Are they sealed OK?

Aeriel base - can let in water which runs along the roof, down the A pillar and down the side/into the glovebox

Windscreen seal leaking

Bulkhead seal on a joint has detoriated over time (can be fixed with Tigerseal but difficult to access with dash in place)

also quick question, my horn has stopped working?! how do i check out whats up with it?

thanks!

osama

What does your missus look like? Maybe you need to upgrade to a better model. Or stop drinking so much :lol:;)

Sign in to follow this