• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mad_dome

Head Work With Cam & Throtle Body & Group A Injecters Bhp Stat

mad_dome

Ok everyone just bought myself a ported and polished head skimmed to 7mm with piper 270 fast road cam.

Group A injecters with fse boost valve. ported and polished throtel body. kn induction kit

Can anybody shed some light as to what sort of effects this will have on my performace?

welshpug

Depends who did the head work and who's going to set it all up.

bear in mind that the only parts above that will in reality have an impact on the final characteristics of the engine is the cylinder head and camshaft (though i'm unsure of that cam itself)

the rest is just flashy stuff that you dont really need.

brianthemagical

depends on the engine it's going on and the previous engines conditin, i.e. wether or not it ran. i'd say theres 2 possiblr likely outcomes, 1. you'll get more power, 2. you won't, just depends though.

Miles

Hope the Injectors didn;t come from Ebay? if they did they are not Group 'A' one which I think where only available back circa 1988, But just std 8v 306 XSi one's

Cam is pretty much the same as Std so no increase there, only on the head would there be any major gain

welshpug

damn, those dark thoughts that miles said were floating around in my mind too.

so you're looking at about 130-140 at the most :wub:

who cars if it runs and runs well though, enjoy :wub:

mad_dome

Im happy to say that the injecters did not come from ebay. and the head was done at some place in tamworth that only deal with pugs and vw gti's.

the chap who ran the injecters said it made a massive inpaced to his 205 as he was runing a sprint car.

he never used the head with the cam but were it has been ported and polished so to speak there is a number 7 on one of the inlet pipes. however it feels very smooth and nice along with the throtel body to.

today i took all the head off and compered it to my old one and there was a massive diffrence.

I recently had my G reg 205 1.9 8v Rolling roaded at a place in bromsgrove. the stats were 122bhp with 8bhp disapation and over 100 pounds of torque. So what i will do is get it tested again and let you all no. but as tesco say every little helps :wub:

mad_dome

Hope the Injectors didn;t come from Ebay? if they did they are not Group 'A' one which I think where only available back circa 1988, But just std 8v 306 XSi one's

How can u tell if there not the group a one's??? :)

mad_dome

Also the head witch has been ported and polished will i have to get it skimmed and pressure tested? if so were can i get this done and how much am i looking at? cheers

Batfink

just be careful with the FSE valve as the last modded 8v I owned suffered from bore wash because of it...

Baz

How can u tell if there not the group a one's??? :)

Because there was a picture of them on the Ebay auction, and they looked just like xu10 ones.

Mattsav

The cam is worth 5 bhp

The injectors wont make any difference unless the engine requires a lot more air.

The head may be good or bad.

You really wont want a FSE valve (except to back the fuel pressure off to counteract the overfueling from the injectors)

mad_dome

fingers crost then lads ill let u no saturday.

Miles

This Group 'A', Group 'N' and compition adds are very miss-leading, I know some companies list items as this and are std parts which can be used in Compition or the various Group's, It's much better to have the part number so you can check the flow rate against a chart only then will you know what it is for, But even the std injectors flow fine for circa 180bhp so bigger ones will do nothing

mad_dome

once she is up and running ill take it down the RR and see what she is pushing out. i was told if ur getting a cam get bigger injecters.

Sign in to follow this