• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Can An Old 1986 Cti Dash Be Changed With A Newer One?

smokey
Get a late speedo cable... and the late heater box. Can't remember why - there is a reason though :(

Ok will do.

As for the heater box, what do you mean by this?

Hans

You need a PH 2 steering colum. They are not the same......

As I can see, the heater is the same from PH1 and PH2, but i changed it anyway. The plugs should go stright into the fusebox - mine did.

I had to change the speedomtercable as the old PH1 didn't fit into the PH2 dash - or else you need to remove the plasticback where the cable comes into the dash.

smokey

Cool thanks for the extra info Hans, will save me a few head aches.

New steering column it is then!

huzzer
You need a PH 2 steering colum. They are not the same......

In what way? exactly which part of the ph2 donor car, would you need as well?

smokey

Yeah would like to know this too.

Steve did this to his car and he never said anything about having to change the steering column!

steve@cornwall
Yeah would like to know this too.

Steve did this to his car and he never said anything about having to change the steering column!

Memory is murky, but, I'm afraid it does ring a bell - Now it's been mentioned, I can remember changing it, just can't remember exactly why!.My cti was an amalgamation of a PH1 CTI, a Ph1.5 1.9 GTI and a Ph2 1.6 GTI :) , I fitted the front suspension etc, engine gearbox and power steering from the 1.9, dash from the Ph2 , electric windows (non-factory) from one or the other! Ph2 rear lights and 405 leather front seats all in the course of about 3 weeks - so memory is a little garbled.

gti_al

I think the ignition barrel is in a slightly different spot... i changed mine.

smokey
I think the ignition barrel is in a slightly different spot... i changed mine.

Yeah i was also just told you need a column from a phase 1.5 or 2 car as the lugs for screwing in the cowling are different.

Cool will look out for one

Sign in to follow this