• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kriss

Healight Problems

Kriss

Well, driving home the other night, i switched to full beam, then blackout. Damn, switched back to dipped had only had one light. tryed a new bulb on the headlight that popped (drivers). Nothing. So i decided to check the the voltage going to it. 12.5v, there was power getting to it. So, decided to try a new set of bulbs, which then popped. B****cks! so now im really not sure what to look at. I think it could be shorting out somewhere but im not sure.

ledders

I am by no means and expert on these things but try the amps if the voltage is ok!! if not trace the wires back, and change. I have heard of people changing the loom on 205's as the lighting is legendary..

Hope it helps in some way.

steve@cornwall

Would I be right in saying your driving lights don't usually work? A usual symptom of earthing problems on the headlights is that the lights go out when switching to main beam and on return to dip, the driving lights stay on. (Won't show if yours don't usually work like so many....).

In any case I'd try the earth blocks behind the lights, often electrical contact breaks when switching to main beam

Kriss

Mines doesnt have driving lights. Found out after a quick phonecall to my sister and she told me the old battery had popped. My dad said this could have been the alternator overcharging. Makes sense to me, just dont understand why it's only the headlights popping.

Sign in to follow this