• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tidypug

306 Seats In A 205

tidypug

I got some 306 seats today and have started to see what involved to get them to fit into my pug.

I've removed the tilting mechanism from the 205 runners, taken the runners out of the car, removed the runners from the 306 seats and then offered the 205 runners up to the 306 seats.

DSC00429.jpg

The runners seem to match up to some plates that are on the seat base, the only problem is that the 306 seats have a metal bar that is tack weleded to these plates, so i i think all i need to do is cut the tacks and remove the bar. I will also need to cut the bar to the rear. I'm going to do a few more measurment checks before i cut the rear bar though as the seats will never fit back into a 306 afterwards and if they can't go into the 205 i'll have a pair of seats that aren't good for anything.

DSC00430.jpg

From the pic, i need to remove the 2 bars that stick out of the side.

I also need to drill the 4 rivets to remove the metal thing, this gets in the way of the seat belt pre-tensioner.

All Praise The GTI

cool.keep us posted mate. which 306 they from, a six?

cybernck

sorry for the delay, i've been a bit ill.

here's one of the pics i've taken:

post-4-1200792367_thumb.jpg

on mine you can simply remove *everything* you see by undoing the 4 (or 5) bolts you can see.

the distance between bolts is about 22.5 cm and 37 cm on the 306 seats.

on the 205 seats it's about 24.5-25 cm and 42 cm so there's enough room for adapter plates/bars.

i'm slightly confused by your 306 seats now... :)

Hilgert> any pics of your mate's setup? :)

tidypug

Update.

I've got the drivers seat in, yay :(

The first pic show the seat base after i have removed the metal that was getting in the way.

DSC00431.jpg

I then used the spacer plates that i made up for the xm / 405 seats and welded them in the required place, and yes i know the welding looks looks like a birds had a crap but twas the best i can do.

DSC00432.jpg

and finally with the seat in the car. I've retained the base adjustment but lost the sliding base when you want to get in the back. This isn't a prolem as there's still enough room to get in with just the back coming forward. I've also trimmed the inner plastic cover to hide the seat belt pre-tensioner. I'm not going to bother with the out cover as i would need to cut most of it off to clear my door bins.

DSC00435.jpg

So to answer my original question. Yes you can make a 306 seat fit into a 205 :ph34r:

Edited by tidypug

jim205GTI

Mmm look good in there.... i like the leather and suede combo! :(

Sign in to follow this