• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Is A Bigger Battery Needed For Mi16?

yorkshirekowboy

hi all

i have managed to get a slight spark today, whivh is good, but its only slight, so thinking the battery is too small. i using a standard 425 amps battery that i bought 4 years ago. the battery seems to hold its charge and the power outlet seems good, i have tested two ignition amps and both have the same slight spark.

any ideas.

also my fuel pump doesnt power up when turning over the engine. is this menat to be connectedto a power aswellas the wire. the brown relay clicks so theres power.

help!!!!!!

Miles

The battery is fine, With the fuel pump relay this takes a feed from the brown ECU relay and a switch signal from the ECU, if the TDC sensor is broken this can cause the relay not to enguage

yorkshirekowboy
The battery is fine, With the fuel pump relay this takes a feed from the brown ECU relay and a switch signal from the ECU, if the TDC sensor is broken this can cause the relay not to enguage

ah well it may be the case i have connected the crack sensor to the connector for the throttle sensor and vice a versa. any ideas why im only getting a slight spark?

i have brand new spark plugs, and spark plug on threads have been rounded abit by the block, maybe because the block threads were tighter, anyhow the threads on the spark plug has been rounded so the blcok threads must be ok, its not crossed threaded and it tightens up, but dont think that will matter?

Sign in to follow this