• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Project205

Kenwood Dual Mags 13cm Speakers

Project205

Hi All,

I am contemplating buying a set of 13CM Kenwood Dual Mags for the 205.

I am however concerned that the rear quarter plastic will touch the pretuding tweeter on these speakers.

Has anyone fitted these successfully before without the plastic rear quarter grills touching the tweeter?

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...500_p-20801.htm

Many thanks.

jeremy

Just by looking you will not have enough space, as I had some Alpines SPS 130A that the tweeter protruded by 8 to 12mm from the metal basket difficult to be exact unless I get the measuring stick out, and these were a very tight fit.

Mad Professor

I have kenwood Dual Mag in my 205 front and rear, and the grills to not fit back over.

Project205

Hi Mad Professor,

Did the tweeter prevent the grilles from being fitted?

Thanks,

David

Mad Professor

Yes the tweeters prevent the grilles from being fitted back on.

MikeHunt79

I prefer the sound without rear speakers... for anything above 100Hz at least. :wacko:

Project205

Thanks for the advice guys. Any recommendations for speakers to fit behind grilles that are to be powered by a headunit (not a separate amp)?

Looking to spend about £50 a pair.

Project205

Anyone let me know what 13cm speakers they run? How do they perform?

I am interested specifically in non component set-up. Standard speaker positions.

number2301

I have a pair of Pioneer speakers which look like they should fit the standard positions you could have if you wanted. They're a fairly low wattage but plenty enough if they're just running off a head unit. PM me if you're interested and I'll dig up photos/details.

jeremy

I have used Alpine/Kenwood/JBLs all between the £30 to £50 a pair bracket, over the last 17 years or so. I have been happy with all of them. Most importantly from personal experience a speaker is as only good as the source and cables, so unless you are going to spend loads of money there then that is about the price bracket I would look at. Generally as long as the speaker has an rms input of about 35watts max power 120watts or so and is coaxial then that should be fine.

Edit, just looked on Ebay for you and both JBL/Kenwoods are easiy available for under £30/pair inc P&P

Edited by jeremy

Coonper

The best bet is to get component speakers. Then you just have to mount the woofer in the door, and you can be creative with the tweeters and put them where suits your ears the most.

They give far far superior sound quality compared to coaxials and will sound much clearer at high volumes as long as you dont send them a clipped signal that is!

As for rear speakers, you are actually best off not having any. I find that they only do bad things in a small car with regards to sound staging...

These are awesome for the money, even if a little over budget...

Speakers

And if you really want to bring them to life power them with this...

Amp

Guest Puddlez

Apline type E 13cm coax sit perfectly behind the grills no problem and sounds great off the headunit, dependant on headunit of course. I had these for xmas, only 30quid for the pair brand new and fitted perfectly. I later got some bostons which made the grills buldge a bit lol..

comps are best but if you have a decent 205 im betting you dont really want to cut holes in places and things to fit them correctly as locating the tweeter isnt always the easiest job!

As you looking at £50 go for JBL Alpine or the like.. above crap like fusion and splx, sony vibe etc as off a headunit youll get much better sq from alpine or jbl

Sign in to follow this