• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Project205

Front Wing Removal

Project205

Hi All,

Are the front wings bolted on or bolted and welded on? It looks like they are welded at the bottom?

Mine has a couple of dents and I wish to replace it with a new peugeot wing I have on order. Never one to like overspray, I would prefer to unbolt the old and bolt on the new one one sprayed in isolation.

Any advice much appreciated.

Tom Fenton

Search for a thread started by me with "scrapyard" in the title. Within this there is a step by step of wing replacement as I've recently done one on my project car.

Project205

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post, I have just read your 'saved...' post, very interesting.

So you mention unbolting it, I take it that it is not welded at the base then. Sorry, new to 205 maintanence - been used to tinkering with VW's in the past!

Tom Fenton

They unbolt yes, most of the bolts are obvious, there is one that is accessed from inside the car by removing the trim on the kickplate at the base of the a pillar.

After all the bolts are off you still have a struggle though, as the standard sealant is thickly applied and very tough, you'll need a sharp stanley knife to cut through it all.

Sign in to follow this