• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lee-bg

Do You Think Its Worth It A Brand New Afm Or Mi16 ?

lee-bg

I am in process of aquiring a brand new from Bosch AFM for my Mi16 car. The thing is i am not 100% convinced that its worth it. The price is very nice, around 100 GBP for a new one when i return my old one.

Can you give me some advice? Is it really worth it ? My AFM is 18 years old by now, track is retracked and it works to some way..spring moved many times by differentpeople, etc etc AFM works but i am sure its not on 100% efficiency.

All advices are warmly welcome.

p.s. Also it may curious to note that Bosch doesnt have in their catalogs (nowadays) our genuine number

for the AFM of 1,9 Mi16 - 028020202. They have another number for replacement :huh:

C_W

£100 is a good price for a new AFM. Whether it makes any difference I'm not sure!

I think the reason they won't hold a genuine/original AFM number is that they will only sell refurbished ones (that's why you've got to give your old one back). This is quite common in expensive parts; other parts like driveshafts, gearboxes, diffs etc.

Ryan

Are you sure that's for a brand new AFM and not a reconditioned one? £100 sounds VERY cheap if it really is new, they're usually more like £200-250.

lee-bg

Its reconditione, but it comes from Bosch and has warranty 1 year. So i treat it as new :huh:

I can get it for such low price, because somebody offered me big discount for some services i did. So now i am thinking whether to buy it or not...as mine ...basically still works...but is very old and ...abused...and that pisses me off.

Thanks guys for answers.

Edited by lee-bg

welshpug

£150 is the price I paid for mine from ATP electronics, a remanufactured part, so £100 is a very good price.

I'd do it if it was causing problems, if not leave it alone :)

lee-bg

Actually here where i live in the main dealer the AFM costs 400 GBP B) no idea why such big differenc with UK.

they even give it 2 years warranty.

Sign in to follow this