• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kilauea

Kyb Shocks

kilauea

KYB brings up no results in search on here - surely somebody has had these on their 205 by now?

I ask as I need to replace all 4 dampers and have ran KYB Excel-G (Non-adjust) on my mx5 for a year now and have found them to be brilliant on that car. So given the cost - £160 inc VAT for 4 dampers - I figured they must be worth a shot on my 205.

Has anyone tried them?..

Ta'

nick

Just fitted some KYB AGX adjustables to the rear of mine after having gti-6 dampers on for the last year.

Well impressed with them for the price (£87 delivered) got them set on 6 out of 8 which gives a nice firm well damped ride.

Well worth the money in my opinion.

Nick

kilauea

Cheers Nick.

I will probably be going for the non-adjusters (Excel-G) which if they are anything like the ones on my mazda will be just slightly stiffer than standard. I don't want rock-hard suspension as the roads I will drive most frequently are full of holes.

Maybe I will be the guinea pig for the Excel-G''s!

nick

You wouldn't be disappointed with the ride on the adjustables, way, way better than std or the gti-6 items, just nicely damped but not harsh.

Nick

jackherer

I dont remember the name but I fitted some of the gold coloured non adjustable ones to a mates 205 with some SBC springs and they were pretty good IMO.

(just looked them up and they are called KYB Ultra SR - http://www.kybsport.com/ultrasr.html

C_W

The UltraSR are quite a stiff non-adjustable shock; I had some of those on my BMW for a bit. The adjustable AGX shocks sound interesting though for the price.

sussex_gti

Nick, hwhere did you get your kyb adjustables? I\m looking to change my Gaz coilovers soon, and fancy Kyb as every car ive driven with them fitted has driven really well.

nick

buypartsby

Lots of stuff cheap here... (inc' Kayabas)

Nick

Sign in to follow this