• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

Oil Temp Gauge (i Think) Not Working

timb1046

the dial top right which i belive to be oil temperature gauge isnt working. could it be the sensor? all the other gauges work. the previouse owner put in red lockwood dials, but as the other gauges work im inclined to say that he did that properly and so its not too likley to be this causing it?

anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Tim

miamistu

The sensor is in the sump. If you disconnect the wire and earth it to the sump I'm pretty sure the gauge should swing up to max temp. This should let you know if it's the gauge or the sensor :)

Guest eddie 309

90% of the time itl be the sensor at fault doesnt hurt to try another set of clocks tho

pug_ham

How long are you waiting for it to start indicating any oil temp?

99% of the time the sensor is fine but the wire to it has broken.

Graham.

ledders

On my first 205 the oil temp sensor did't work untill I changed the water temp regulator bi metal coil ting the proper name has gone from my head aaaaghhh!! Basically because the oil wasn't hot enough to register!!

Henry Yorke

My oil temp does not rise a lot and I am not running an oil cooler, though it doesn't rev that high. Finned Mi sump is one of the best oil coolers you can pop on an 8v!

Sign in to follow this