• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JimLad

Noisy Front Suspension

JimLad

Hi all

Not had car long. Noticed early on front suspension was noisy and there was a nasty pulling sensation through the steering wheel. Found the subframe was missing a bolt and all the others were loose! Sorted this and replaced steering rod ends as they were sh*gged.

Although the pulling sensation has gone the front suspension is still quite noisy making clonking/knocking noises as the car goes over bumps in the road. They're not really loud just annoying!

When I sorted the rod ends and subframe I visually checked everything else and couldn't see anything wrong with the suspension arms or anti roll bar and links.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Tom Fenton

Visual checks not really any good for drop links and balljoints, you won't be able to see anything wrong and yet they can clonk like billy-o. Get in there with a lever bar and apply some force to the joints to see if there is any movement. My money is on the anti roll bar drop links, a common 205 favourite!

JimLad

Cheers Tom, will give the drop links some stick with a bar then!

JimLad

Where's the best place to get replacement drop links?

Tom Fenton

I bought some cheapy cheap ones from ebay, something like £20 for the pair! Not sure how long they will last though! Any decent motor factors will be able to get you a pair, otherwise the likes of GSF also sell them, depends if you have a good factors near you I suppose or if you want them posted to you.

JimLad

Thanks again B)

JimLad

Checked it out and you were dead right, it was a knackered drop link. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this