• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Big_Jimbob

Dissy Plug Problems....

Big_Jimbob

Hey guys, im having probs with the three pin plug on my dissy, if it gets nudged the car wont start sometimes and it seems very tempremental...

I think this is down to a bad connection or a broken wire...

can i just cut the plug off and use crimp on connectors?

Thanks

Jim

SamGTi

Is the metal retaining clip still on the plug? If not, this will cause it to have a bad connection.

djinuk

funny enough , i have been looking at this plug on my car (check thread "strange missfire") , and have been thinking the same thing, off with the plug, on with 3 spade connectors

DamirGTI

Hi !

On which part of cable have you found this problem ? on the dizzy side of the cable (from the dizzy body to the yellow connector..) or on the side which goes to the ignition amp (from the yellow-black connector to the ignition amp. ...) ? or in the middle where the yellow connector plugs inside the black one ?

Cheers ! :P

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

DamirGTI

... heres complete dizzy signal cable + ignition amp. connector :

IMG_6383.jpg

mark the position where you've found the problem :P

EDIT : also you can find some info regading that signal cable here - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...5&hl=signal

Cheers !

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

djinuk

ah right, it appears after reading that i looked at that shielding cable, and mistook that for being a knackered wire, i am going to investigate more in the light, for what it is worth , i think i am going to replace my amp with a known good working item, and go from there.

Big_Jimbob

on my pug there is a plug like yours with 3 connectors inside, no single red/black wire....

also both plugs are black....

i have had a multi meter on both connections on both plugs to check continuity.....

all was good, it just seems that when connected together it wont work.....

if i have the car running and just nudge the plug with a screw driver the car cuts out....

can i just put connectors in the place of the plug?

Jim

DamirGTI

Hi !

Ok. but it doesn't matter if it's black or yellow as far as i know the cable/plug/connectors are the same on Ph1 and Ph2 cars :)

(I've been repairing the other side of this cable on the picture , so it looks a little bit different now but i know what you mean ..)

IMG_6384.jpg

Clean this contacts carefully with fine grade sanding paper and some WD-40 , as it's not uncommon for this contacts to oxidize , which is very bad thing for elect. conductivity :wacko:

Cheers ! B)

Damir

Big_Jimbob

Iv sorted this now mate, i took the ignition amp end apart (female) and found that the wire inside was broken.... and had just been resting against the connector...

iv now removed both plugs and put bullet connectors on, i left the rubber boot on and slid this over the connectors and wrapped it all in electrical tape to keep the damp out...

its a shame i had to lose the plug but i needed a fix that kept me on the road and would last...

thanks for your help mate....

Jim

DamirGTI

Hi !

Glad to hear that B)

This cables/connectors are surprisingly expensive OE from Peugeot :) dunno why ?!

Cheers ! :)

Damir

Sign in to follow this