• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Leon

Be1 Gearbox Problem

Leon

Had the car in bits for some months and recently started reassembly. Fitted a new clutch but I have run into an issue with the gearbox.

It looks like the clutch fork has actually come adrift - I assume it is supposed to pivot on that yellow bush?

The bush looks to have broken and the clutch fork just flaps about aimlessly. Can anyone advise if the bush is available and what the part number is because I have searched the parts CD ROM and don't seem to find a listing.

I've attached a couple of pics - can't believe that in 8 years of owning 205s and 309s this is my first actual gearbox/clutch related problem other than the usual snapped cables!

post-7297-1199623423_thumb.jpg

post-7297-1199623471_thumb.jpg

welshpug

IIRC there should be a ball and socket arrangement there, hard to tell without seeing the back of the clutch arm.

edit; just had a look at service box, there should indeed be a ball there.

212048 FORK BALL-JOINT 24.99 GBP (+vat)

Leon

There's nothing on the clutch arm at all.

Ball & Socket appears to be still in place, I've taken a close up.

It just appears to have come out of the clutch arm - and tbh it doesn't look like a very secure method of mounting the arm on those 2 little plastic pins :)

post-7297-1199624665_thumb.jpg

welshpug

in that case that's how they all are, works fine when all bolted up :)

Miles

The socket should be on the Arm as you can see the plastic welding has failed and it does often now, Best bet is to buy a new one or if you need it quick a couple of self tappers will do the trick

Leon
The socket should be on the Arm as you can see the plastic welding has failed and it does often now, Best bet is to buy a new one or if you need it quick a couple of self tappers will do the trick

When I put it all together you can see from the marks on the arm where it used to be fixed - as you say the plastic rods have just pulled through.

I was going to use a couple of spots of Quicksteel but I think self tappers will hold better :) Cheers

Leon

Reckon that'll do the job?

post-7297-1199628656_thumb.jpg

pug_ham

Should do.

Graham.

jord294

i came across the same problem when rebuilding my be1.

the actual plastic is bonded onto the fork. you could of either bought a new fork which comes complete with plastic. or you could of just bought new plastic. the actual ball isn't screwed into the box. it is fixed via a tapered spline.

Pob
i came across the same problem when rebuilding my be1.

the actual plastic is bonded onto the fork. you could of either bought a new fork which comes complete with plastic. or you could of just bought new plastic. the actual ball isn't screwed into the box. it is fixed via a tapered spline.

That happened to mine aswell. I drilled a hole through mine and bolted it on... Hasn't fell off yet :)

Dan

Sign in to follow this