• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Mi16 Wire Loom Experts Needed

yorkshirekowboy

hello peeps

right ive nearly done my plug and play loom for my mi16 into my peugeot.

quick questions.

1. the earth point on the 405 loom, does that juts go from connector to a piece of wire to the block.... i have connected it to the big m47b on the 6 pin 205 loom bit as its a pretty big wire.(pin 3.M47B coolant fluid level), surly this must be wrong as there is no where else form the 205 loom for this to connect to on the 405 loom.

2. pin 8 30B oil presure light, agin now where for this to connect on to the 405 loom, so im thinking im meant to run a wire from this straight to one of the sensors at the fron of mi block, if that right which one of the two on the engine block, think its the right hand one?

thanks doing this tommorow so any help would be good.

cheers

danny

pug_ham

You can connect any earths directly to the block or any suitable earth point / wire.

The oil pressure switch is the low pressure switch which is the one on the left as you look at the block. (smaller sender).

Graham.

C_W

1. Not sure - I didn't think the coolant level is normally touched when working with the engine looms? Any earth points I have from memory on my 405 loom had rings on them and I bolted them to the gearbox top earth point.

2. The 405 loom has the oil pressure gauge wire missing so yhou need to add a whole new wire from the sensor to the connector on the inside of the car.

yorkshirekowboy
You can connect any earths directly to the block or any suitable earth point / wire.

The oil pressure switch is the low pressure switch which is the one on the left as you look at the block. (smaller sender).

Graham.

so is the oil pressure switch also know as the oil pressure light?, i have a wire on the 405 to 205 loom for the oil pressure meter so that connected already.

its the oil pressure light i dont have conncted so is this the one that needs to be connected via a seperate wire from the 205 loom that connects to the left hand side of the block?

Also the M47B that i have connected to the earth on the 405 loom, is M47B a earth wire, and is there a earth wire on the 205 9pin and 6 pin plugs at all?

luggy
so is the oil pressure switch also know as the oil pressure light?, i have a wire on the 405 to 205 loom for the oil pressure meter so that connected already.

its the oil pressure light i dont have conncted so is this the one that needs to be connected via a seperate wire from the 205 loom that connects to the left hand side of the block?

Also the M47B that i have connected to the earth on the 405 loom, is M47B a earth wire, and is there a earth wire on the 205 9pin and 6 pin plugs at all?

The oil pressure switch affects the oil pressure light, (wire 30B on 205 loom/ wire 30 on 405 loom)

As CW said there is No oil pressure meter on the 405 loom, just utilise either wire 224/225 (oil level) on the 405 loom cut it back to where oil pressure switch wire is located on the loom. Connect 224/225 to wire 30 on the 205 loom.

I cant upload the wiring spreadsheet I'll try and PM you it.

yorkshirekowboy
The oil pressure switch affects the oil pressure light, (wire 30B on 205 loom/ wire 30 on 405 loom)

As CW said there is No oil pressure meter on the 405 loom, just utilise either wire 224/225 (oil level) on the 405 loom cut it back to where oil pressure switch wire is located on the loom. Connect 224/225 to wire 30 on the 205 loom.

I cant upload the wiring spreadsheet I'll try and PM you it.

luggy, thanks, could i not just have the wire form the 205 link loom and connect it stright to the oil pressure light on the left hand side of the block, so in theory it will be seperate wire running from the link loom on the 205 9pin connector form inside the car and run it it the oild pressure light on the left hand side, the sensor next to it (the right side of block above oil filter) is for the oil pressure gauge.

thanks

danny

yorkshirekowboy
luggy, thanks, could i not just have the wire form the 205 link loom and connect it stright to the oil pressure light on the left hand side of the block, so in theory it will be seperate wire running from the link loom on the 205 9pin connector form inside the car and run it it the oild pressure light on the left hand side, the sensor next to it (the right side of block above oil filter) is for the oil pressure gauge.

thanks

danny

hello

right been on with my loom all morning and i have had to change a few wires. i have changed the switch pos from 205 plug-play loom to wire 46, then the switched pos wire on 405 loom (wire 2) to the fat pin 6 (starter wire)wire on 205 loom.

i did this because as soon as i turned my ignition on the strater would engage on the second turn of barrel so now it does it only hen i try and start the car, so this works in in theroy it works.

but the by connecting the wire 2 blue on to the pin 6 red on my 205 loom, it makes my relays click, so wondering if this is right.

the fuel pump is wired but it doesnt engage when iginiton is on. i have ran a wire to wire 76 to battery and the fuel pump then works but not on turn of key.

i have alos noicted by connecting the red pin 6 from 205 loom, to wire 2 on 405 loom that my engine managment light or k-light lights upon the dash.

is this right?

cheers

danny

Edited by surferkid205

pug_ham

TBH link looms are more hassle than wiring the Mi loom permanently into the 205 loom imo.

Not having ever made or used a link loom for a conversion I can't answer any of your questions above exactly, the wire numbers from each loom might make it easier for us to help.

The fuel pump wire from your 205 loom (tachy relay plug) should be connected to the wire from the fuel pump relay wire that has the inline fuse. IIRC the pump doesn't run when the ignition is on but will once the car starts.

Graham.

yorkshirekowboy
TBH link looms are more hassle than wiring the Mi loom permanently into the 205 loom imo.

Not having ever made or used a link loom for a conversion I can't answer any of your questions above exactly, the wire numbers from each loom might make it easier for us to help.

The fuel pump wire from your 205 loom (tachy relay plug) should be connected to the wire from the fuel pump relay wire that has the inline fuse. IIRC the pump doesn't run when the ignition is on but will once the car starts.

Graham.

i arnt using a tachy relapy so the plug has gone... i think i know what you mean.

pug_ham

Yeah, probably not worded the best it could be. :)

The wire you need to join with the fuel pump wire from the 405 loom used to be at the tachy relay plug but iirc it is also in one of the two brown plugs in the footwell.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this