• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest adam90

Car Very Lumpy On Start Up

Guest adam90

Hi im new on here and joined to pick ur brains haha, anyway i have a k reg 205 1.9 gti, its a low mileage example 50,000 miles from new, and not thraped like most, i have recently been having a problem with it when starting it from cold, its starts but is very lumpy and the cold start/ choke doesnt kick in for a good 5 mins untill im driving down the road :wacko: , when it does kick in the car is fine but then the choke also takes age's to cut off again, may still be on when ive done over 5 miles etc, Thanks folks hope you can point me in the right direction. Ad.

Rupertfinch

Sell it and buy something Japanese :wacko:

Welcome to the forum. Try a good search for stuff on your SAD, there's a multitude of info on it. A good number of them appear to have this problem or similar and there may be a fix - my own takes a couple of minutes to sort itself out in the morning, by which time I have significantly increased my carbon footprint!

Sign in to follow this