• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hassan

Gti Turbo 235 Hp

Guest hassan

my new project is gti 1.9 with lowered compression to 1:7 using xu7 pistons or spacer 4mm, T3 will boost the engine by 17 psi, my target is 235+ hp ........... is the xu7 pistons strong enough or going to spacer is better opinions please ........... another question to what extent can the 1.9 gti engine pistons, rods and crank support power??????.......opinios please......

camgti

Buy a T16 motor...

wasting your time

Cam

GLPoomobile
Buy a T16 motor...

wasting your time

Cam

That is possibly the most useless response since, well probably since the last time I tried to help someone :)

T16 engine packages hardly grow on trees now do they? Did you notice the OP was based in Egypt? So the likelyhood of sourcing a T16 unit is going to be nigh on impossible unless he pays a fortune to have one shipped from Europe or the UK!

Edited by GLPoomobile

danpug

Vern on here is running not far off 240bhp with standard 1.9 internals, he had the pistons machined to bring compression down to 9:1. You won't need to take your compression as low as 7:1, it'd probably be very poor off boost.

camgti

Sorry for the Daft Response. Was rather fuzzy after a certain drink so was just being a twit i think. Sourcing a T16 motor is not really that hard, and although they do cost a fair bit im sure it would be a better outcome from the money and time trialing a 1.9 turbo to put out 240hp. And shipping one to that part of the world would not be that bad when your spending all that money proberbly importing 90% of the gear from europe or the US to be able to achieve the goal anyway. And as for reliability the T16 with 240hp would last alot longer than a 1.9 240hp with std internals. Only my 2 Cents

Good luck with your quest, this is the place to get the Info (clearly not from me) and it would be a different approach that not many would consider i would think.

Cam

petert

with 17psi you'll need forged pistons anyway. I'd also use Mi16 liners. Do it properly the first time and do it once.

rex

" Do it properly the first time and do it once. "

This has become, again, my motto. :)

jackherer
" Do it properly the first time and do it once. "

This has become, again, my motto. :(

I've been sticking to that for years now, the only problem is that because of this forum and people like Petert my definition of 'properly' is evolving faster than my 205s so doing it once is impossible :huh:

bales

If your going to go to the extreme bother of trying to import a T16 I am sure for less money you could pick up an xu10, have it rebuilt, fit the DP kit with a GT28rs and have considerably more than 240bhp!!

cybernck

^ in this case, don't forget to budget for standalone management, larger injectors and a few more bits :).

Bally

My spec is

Mi16 engine

std mi16 low compression pistons, T16 manfold, T3/T4 8-9 psi and full managment

I did 230whp with very mild tuning and injectors maxxed out, so its quite and esy task to achieve.

The dyno reading and the injector size and duty cycle calculator came in at around the same, so I think it was pretty accurate.

Guest hassan
Vern on here is running not far off 240bhp with standard 1.9 internals, he had the pistons machined to bring compression down to 9:1. You won't need to take your compression as low as 7:1, it'd probably be very poor off boost.

do you think 17psi of boost with 1:9 compression ratio with stock internals will work properly?

danpug

I wouldn't like to say what it would be like in the long term but vern has had no issues so far.

ledders

Just go for it you live once, and with 235 bhp might not be that long.. but atleast you'd die with a smile.. :-)

Sign in to follow this