• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Gti6 Wiring

gti-si

Right, just got my Gti6 lump home, I'm not going to be fitting it for a few weeks, got body work to fix first. While im doing that thought, i'd like to sort out all my wiring. I have searched and got lots of info. Inspite of everything i've got im still abit stuck with the basic principle. I've got the 6 loom, there's 2 round multiplugs, the big one I have a list of where these wires go, the small one I don't. Does anyone know what the 5 wires are on the small round multiplug?

Second, what do I do with the wires coming through the bulkhead? I haven't yet looked at the two brown multiplugs, do I completly take these out? or do I chop the round multiplug off the 6 loom (big one) and connect the sensor wires to the relevant wire coming through the bulkhead? I need to remove the wires coming through the bulk to spray the bay anyway so shall I just chop the multiplugs off and pull it through?

Ive got a detailed list of all the wires and where they go, it's just never having done this before, abit unsure what my first step will be

Ta,

Si

welshpug

leave the multiplugs alone! its actually easier to pull it through into the cabin thatn try to get the ECU plug through the bulkhead.

you will need as much of the wires there as yo can keep.

al depends where you want the ECU to sit, most people put it where it would sit originally, i.e behind the battery or on the battery tray.

the way I did my wiring was to remove all the un-neccessary stuff from the original loom (i.e everything to do with the ecu) this leaves you with the sensors and switched live, then solder/join these to the gti6 loom where needed.

there are a few threads on here detailing the wires you need to keep, most IIRC are in topics entitled "brown multiplug wiring" or "brown multiplug"

Edited by welshpug

gti-si

Is this method pretty similar? Not the same I know, but the part about getting the loom out and splicing th cables together?

Mi16 wiring guide

gti-si

Cheers welshpug, I think I understand it alot more, im hoping it's like that ^, I've got a nice wiring table showing all the wire number, colours and what they go to for the big round plug, but nothing for the smaller, so I need to find out what these 5 wires are. Ive got a nice diagram showing the sensors on the brown multiplug too, it was just me not understanding how it's laid out and how I actually go about doing it. I can see it being pretty simmilar to that mi16, but joining the corresponding gti6 wires instead.

I'm gonna keep the ECU in the bay and get agti6/s16 battery box and ECU tray from a scrappy

welshpug

very basically yes, same as fitting an S16 with regards to the Double relay.

Check what numbers are on the wires in the smaller round plug, IIRC nearly all are to do with Aircon.

TurboSam

I didn't use anything on the smaller round plug from the 306 loom

Edp

The small multi plug is all the keypad and security stuff. If you have an unlocked ECU you won't require this. There are plenty of GTi6 wiring threads in the 'aftermarket engine management systems'. I'm ony just getting my head round it after about 2 weeks solid searching and asking :wub:

gti-si

Cheers guys, thats that sorted. Well, it's not. Just when I think I've got my head round it, I get damn confused again haha! Like you say, its just a case of looking through all the threads and piecing everything together. I've got ample time for research

Spiky

smighall's thread, then just need to add power to pin 14 (i think) for the double fuel relay, thats it :D

Sign in to follow this