• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longun

Are Most Pug Starters The Same? Starting Problem On Mi.

Longun

I've got a derv starter motor on my 8v and a faulty starter on my Mi. Question is before I start stripping one will the starter on the 8v fit the Mi? I can only assume quite a few of the starters are interchangeable as the 8v doesn't have its original one.

Just for info I get no solenoid click at all but am getting about a 10v reading on the back of it when trying to start so I know the wiring is ok but to be sure I also ran a live direct to it and it still made no noise and didn't start. I've cleaned all my earths recently because of a different fault so I know they are ok. I took a hammer to the starter and still nothing so I'm quite sure this is at fault. A lack of cash at this time of year means I really would like to be able to rob the part from the 8v for now.

Cheers

jonnie205

any XU engined BE box car will have a starter that will fit, i usually fit 306 or 406 valeo ones

welshpug

the 8v one will fit but its quite a bit bigger so space is tight.

Super Josh
the 8v one will fit but its quite a bit bigger so space is tight.

As it's a DERV one, it may be one of the later small starters?

Josh

Longun

Thanks all B) I'll switch them round this weekend :)

Sign in to follow this