• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave_McC

Rough Running At Light Throttle

Dave_McC

Hi all

Car is a 1990 1600 Gti and is currently standard. Starts on the button and cold idle works fine. However, on light(ish) throttle openings, the car constantly feels like it's misfiring - this isn't the no throttle jerkiness 205's are notorious for. When you put your foot down, engine runs cleanly and smoothly right up to the red line.

I've also noticed recently that sometimes after stopping when the engine's up to temp, if I restart it within 10 mins or so, the symptoms are even worse - to the point it sometimes refuses to idle.

Any ideas where to start?

Cheers

Dave

simonb

I would look at the afm - may need retracking, and then the TPS. Try unplugging the TPS from the throttle body and see if you get the same problem and the given RPM.

Edited by simonb

DamirGTI

Hello !

I've had similar problem and i fix that with adjusting the air/fuel mixture and ignition timing ..

Try to adjust the ignition timing , advance it a little bit and see if that helps (if it's not a Motronic engine management ..).. is the vacuum capsule on the dizzy in good condition , dizzy to TB pipe connected ?

As said it could well be the AFM , or TPS ... :)

Cheers ! ;)

Damir

Sign in to follow this