• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Masekwm

Phase 1 Leaking Lift/pop Up Sunroof

Masekwm

I've tried to search but I can't find anything on them, my phase 1 is fitted with a lift/pop up sunroof.

I can't think of another that I've seen, as all seem to have the standard sliding roof. I've a horrible feeling that it's an aftermarket sunroof.

Well the heavy rain we've had lately, has told me a secret about my car, which I didn't know. The bloody thing leaks. I've lifted the sunroof and there are signs that it's been repaired with some cheap DIY shop stuff.

Can anyone shed some light on this sunroof? Is it a phase 1 option? I guess the seals have long since been deleted.

Is my only option to weld a panel over it and if so how much will it cost?

Thanks

Keith

pugman211

I've got this type of sunroof on my 309 GTi. And i've been told that the plasctics O ring washers on the handle both inside and out, perish and crack. thats usually what causes the leaking.

Apparently its a cheap and easy fix. All you have to do is find the same size rubber washers and remove the old ones and fit news ones. I've heard that Pug stock these washers, but i'm not 100% certain of that.

If its worse than that, you can remove the sunroof completely, clean off all the old window sealer (Not Bonder), and re-apply a fresh seam of the window sealer, and screw it back in place and that should last for ages!

Hope this helps.

Miles

bad new's allot of 205's had these aftermarket ones fitted at Windscreen fitting places and are rubbish as they never fit properly and leak most of the time the only possible thing to do is get a replacement one fitted at one of those places like Auto Windscreens as a guess or just seal it up with Silicone Sealent.

The one Pugman is on about is the Factory roof which is completly different

Masekwm

Thanks Miles,

I'll look to having it plated when the engine is replaced, I've taped over the joins and it's kept the majority of water out over the past few weeks.

In the mean time I'll have a look for some silcone sealant and seal it better than the tape :mellow:

Sign in to follow this