• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maz89

Gti6 Brakes On 205 Gti

maz89

If i can fit gti6 brakes on 205 gti's is it possible to fit brambo brake kits for the gti6 to the 205?

daveyboyblack

It should be possible, although I would doubt that you'd need it, and you'd definately need to change the master cylinder otherwise the pedal travel would be very long.

Also what are you using the car for? Most people find the standard brakes fine, especially if you uprate the pads and fluids. I'm currently finishing my trackday mi16 and it'll have standard size 247mm discs, ferodo ds2500 pads, and some RBF600 fluid. This should be fine for pretty much everything I throw at it, and is much cheaper than a brembo gti6 kit I would presume!

Dave

jonnie205

yes, you will get brembo disks and pads which will be a direct replacement for std

danpug

I've just fitted gti6 brakes to mine with the standard master cylinder, theres not much pedal drop at all so i'll be sticking to standard mc!

damien
I've just fitted gti6 brakes to mine with the standard master cylinder, theres not much pedal drop at all so i'll be sticking to standard mc!

ive got the gt6 brakes on mine and have the standard M/C, i think the pedal travel is fine for everyday use and around town but IMO if your doing alot of fast road/track use the extra pedal feel would be better. im only having mine changed because im used to the extra feel from my 4 pots on my gti6

danpug

Mine do seem to bite suddenly but i'm definitely very happy with them as they are, haven't tried them on track yet. From past posts on here i thought the drop was going to be massive!

CaptainK

I never considered a pedal drop when fitting GTi6 brakes. As part of my GTi6 conversion, I'm also getting the brakes. So I'll find out soon when I pick up the 205.

danpug

It'll be fine. Just get yourself some good tyres!

CaptainK
It'll be fine. Just get yourself some good tyres!

Its a two stage plan:

1) Pick up GTi6 and proceed to do excessive amount of wheelspin starts. This ensure I kill the old tyres.

2) Replace all 4 tyres with Eagle F1s, or replace all wheels with some lightweight wheels and Eagle F1s. B)

danpug

Sounds like a plan! To get the best out of them you need good tyres, i'm sure f1's will be up to it.

Sign in to follow this