• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
andykandy205

Steel Gasket

andykandy205

does any body know where to get steel head gaskets from...

B1ack_Mi16
does any body know where to get steel head gaskets from...

Here you go:

http://www.cometic.com/

Edit: Would only use them on the cast iron engine blocks though, as I think it may be a bit dodgy on the wet lined ones with liner protrusion etc.

Edited by B1ack_Mi16

Miles

For the cast block one's you can use the std Peugeot GTi6 gasket, 3 layer as std, But there's nothing wrong with the std gasket's on the 1.9's unless your running loads of boost

andykandy205

im running a 2l turbo 8v and the head gone twice withn 2 months and was told a steel 1 would work

running bout 16 psi or 1.2 bar boost

Edited by andykandy205

B1ack_Mi16

Just make sure your head is 100% straight, so get it milled down a few thou's if it's not been done before and it's still blowing gaskets.

The cometic ones are usually the best choice if you need 87 or 88mm bore in combinations with the pistons protruding above the block.

andykandy205

i have had the head skimmed keeps blowing the same place

Miles

Where the Gasket's OE Pug or just pattern one's? as I know the Pug Turbo one's are uprated over the std 2l gasket's. I have also noticed on the Melor ones that GSF, ECP supply now that the gasket sealent inbedded on the gasket is only on one side now

andykandy205
Where the Gasket's OE Pug or just pattern one's? as I know the Pug Turbo one's are uprated over the std 2l gasket's. I have also noticed on the Melor ones that GSF, ECP supply now that the gasket sealent inbedded on the gasket is only on one side now

cheers for that might have to go peugeot now

whizzer71
im running a 2l turbo 8v and the head gone twice withn 2 months and was told a steel 1 would work

running bout 16 psi or 1.2 bar boost

Is that with the std turbo and management ??

:(

Sloppy

last time i went to a head specialit he said to repace like for like, i.e if it had a MLS gasket then replace with that if normal then same etc...

andykandy205
Is that with the std turbo and management ??

:lol:

No its a t28 and emerald ecu forgot which particular 1

Sign in to follow this