• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
christopher

Iridium Plugs Are They Better?

christopher

I'm considering buying a new set of plugs for my Rallye. The choice is the standard 3 electrode ones from Bosch, Denso or NGK .....or iridium from denso or NGK..

So what is the story? I have no experience with iridium plugs.

The iridium ones will I think have one electrode but a smaller tip.

They are £2-4 more expensive...So worth it? Anyone has experiences?

Rippthrough
I'm considering buying a new set of plugs for my Rallye. The choice is the standard 3 electrode ones from Bosch, Denso or NGK .....or iridium from denso or NGK..

So what is the story? I have no experience with iridium plugs.

The iridium ones will I think have one electrode but a smaller tip.

They are £2-4 more expensive...So worth it? Anyone has experiences?

Not worth bothering with unless your fighting for 1st place in a championship...

swordfish210

I'v got these in my XT at the moment but i personally prefer the Bosch Super-4 ones that i used to use. The cold starting performance was much better than the NGK ones where i seem to be cranking the car forever. Needless to say i'll be reverting back to Bosch plugs when my engines finished

sutol

post-9302-1197841059_thumb.jpg

This is what I do to mine, it used to give slight benefit in my drag race Mini (every little helps)

Dino

I had a set of these in my modded 8v and the car did "feel" more responsive and the bum dyno is the one that counts :D

christopher

Ok thanks for thr repies...I decided to stay with the originals for a while and see how they fair. They have worked well so far

pugrallye

'Normally' tend to find the iridium plugs are for longlife or heavy usage, ie where plug changes are every 40 to 60 thousand miles, down to personal prefernce at end of day

Sign in to follow this