• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ChrisB

High Idle After Hard Drive.

ChrisB

After a hard drive the idle gets stuck at 2500 rpm, its like driving an automatic, just put it in gear and your off. I get the idle to drop by reving it while stopped then drive it slowly and its fine? Only happens when you drive it hard. Any ideas why?

danpug

Sounds like the throttle may be getting stuck above a certain rpm.

ChrisB

Would it be the cable or something to do with the TB?

Edited by ChrisB

DamirGTI

Hi !

I've had just the same problem - check the SAD connector (the black one ...) it must be plugged on the SAD/heater ... if it isn't connected (or if it's connected but theres no 12v at the connector terminals) the SAD will open up again when you run the engine fast and the coolant temp drops down from 80 to 75-70deg. ...

Easy to check - when the revs go crazy stop the car lift up the bonnet and squeeze the SAD pipe (on working engine of course :D ) and if the revs drops down when you squeeze it the SAD is your problem - so either the connector is unplugged , or corroded , or there's no 12v supply at the connector terminals .. you can check that also with multimeter ...

Cheers ! :lol:

Damir

Edited by DamirGTI

ashley peddle

all my 205's have done this, lol - they drop down after a bit though so never worried about it :D

hodgy

when mine did it it was the throttle position sensor that was broke cos if you wiggle it the revs will drop back to normall

ChrisB

Cheers guys.

Sign in to follow this