• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mbayley77

307 Clock Spring - Urgent

mbayley77

After a quick reply on this one if possible.

Just had my 307 diagnosed with a faulty clockspring? The horn stopped working and so sent it for diagnoses (under warranty). Have been told that its the clockspring which can effect the airbag system as well.

Not knowing what it is. Is it the unit shown in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-HEADLIGHT-WI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Been quoted rediculous amounts from Peugeot!

Mikey S
After a quick reply on this one if possible.

Just had my 307 diagnosed with a faulty clockspring? The horn stopped working and so sent it for diagnoses (under warranty). Have been told that its the clockspring which can effect the airbag system as well.

Not knowing what it is. Is it the unit shown in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PEUGEOT-HEADLIGHT-WI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Been quoted rediculous amounts from Peugeot!

technical term is a squib. it goes directly behind the airbag and there very common for failing on a 307. that part on ebay is not it.

hth

mbayley77

Would the squib be the cause of the horn not working then?

And yeah that helps loads. thats very much.

Mikey S
Would the squib be the cause of the horn not working then?

And yeah that helps loads. thats very much.

yes. its really common on them. i honestly cant remember seeing a 307 with a working horn! lol

Tom Fenton

I know it as a "rotary connector", allows the steering wheel to turn without knotting up all the wires behind!

Rom

Its a spiral of cable inside a plastic housing normally.

It carries connections for the horn and airbag generally. They have to be lined up properly when installed to ensure the wheel can turn fully both ways without damage to the cable.

i dont understand, have they asked you to pay for the part or are you just curious?

you say it was diagnosed under warranty so why pay for the repair?

Edited by 205007

mbayley77
i dont understand, have they asked you to pay for the part or are you just curious?

you say it was diagnosed under warranty so why pay for the repair?

Yes it was. I am having trouble getting the garage to pay for anything. Says he will pay the labour and thats it. I don't have anything in writing with the warranty details. Not sure were I stand legally.

Rom

If its manufacturers warranty, it should cover parts and labour. End of story.

If its extended warranty, it will only cover certain things. And again, normally should cover parts and labour.

ablister

faulty horns on 307's are usually the earth on the steering wheel not getting good connection or the horn itself.

If you remove the steering wheel and cut off the earth point (it's like a springy spade terminal) and replace the terminal with a ring terminal and screw that into another part of the wheel (drilling required). That's what normally cures the horn being inop.

That part on ebay is the 'clock spring' or rotary switch. Peugeot call them com 2000 units and fail all the time for all sorts of problems. They were extending the warranty periods to 4 years at one point on them but not sure if they still are.

mbayley77

Ah ok.

Will see how i get on with the warranty side of things. If dont get anywhere then will have to look myself. Not a problem just really p's me off.

Henry Yorke

I had a Comm2000 changed on my 307 under warranty. The indicators would self centre then flick on the other way! Tempted by that one on ebay as it has the front fog light switch on it so I can get my fogs working!

Sign in to follow this