• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mr2haz

Fuel Consumption

mr2haz

I own a 1990 205 1.9 gti and wanted to know how many miles I should expect to get from the car on a full tank of petrol. This is on the basis of just normal driving.

The reason I ask is so I know if my car is working as it should, I bought her as a car that hasn't been used for a long time.

Baz

Do a search, a topic covered this very recently. :D

mr2haz

Thank you, most helpfull. My car does stall when coming to a stop when warm so looks like I need a new coolant temp sensor. I thought the stalling may had been an issue with the AFM but looks worth replacing this sensor as it is cheap.

simonb

Well if you go by the book figure of 28 MPG then you should be looking at 327 miles to 45 litres of fuel, but you need to factor in driving style and wear etc.

Edited by simonb

rescue dude
Well if you go by the book figure of 28 MPG then you should be looking at 327 miles to 45 litres of fuel, but you need to factor in driving style and wear etc.

I'm impressed with my consumption. 205 1.9 running on twin 40 weber's and getting around 25 to the gallon. :lol:

skeggyrik

How much worse is an Mi on Carbs than on standard injection?

Anyone on here got back to back experience?

Sign in to follow this