• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Xm 2.0 Turbo Engine Top Mount

M@tt

can anyone confirm whether i'd need just the top part of a Mi16 engine mount to bolt onto the existing XM part that bolts to the block or would i need the bit that bolts to the block as well?

The xm mount looks like this but i've removed the top part.

011800x600.jpg

i think it should fit however there do appear to be 2 small lugs on the top of it at the front which might need grinding flat if it fouls the mi16 top part

see this pic for what i mean

m3480100.jpg

Alastairh

I have a complete S16 one sitting in my garage if need be mate :rolleyes:

Depending how urgent you are, can give to Henry at the next meet :wub:

Al

M@tt

i dont think the s16 will fit mate (i think i have one already that i bought in error), the bolt pattern on the block is differnet, xm turbo = mi16 mount required, 406 turbo = s16 mount required i believe.

Edited by M@tt

Anthony

Yes, it's just an Mi top bit you need :rolleyes:

M@tt

cheers

whizzer71
can anyone confirm whether i'd need just the top part of a Mi16 engine mount to bolt onto the existing XM part that bolts to the block or would i need the bit that bolts to the block as well?

The xm mount looks like this but i've removed the top part.

011800x600.jpg

i think it should fit however there do appear to be 2 small lugs on the top of it at the front which might need grinding flat if it fouls the mi16 top part

see this pic for what i mean

m3480100.jpg

Whats the part no. of Item 1 in the diagram,Ive been after one of these for ages,its gotta be loads lighter than that great big cast iron mount that they use in the 406.

Tris

M@tt

it wont fit on a 406 though i dont think, the mounting holes are different

whizzer71
it wont fit on a 406 though i dont think, the mounting holes are different

I thought the XM and 406 turbo unit was RGX/RGY and that the basic Block casting was the same ?,so based on that assumption I guess it should,I think its only the alloy block engines that have a different stud pattern for the engine mount

:rolleyes:

Tris

sonofsam

I think they are a different stud pattern Tris :wub:, As I had to get a new engine mount for my RGX, and IIRC it had to come from a 406. luckily got one

from a 2.0 N/A , lots less on it, so I cut it down even further :D

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b393/djs...am/DVC01370.jpg

Who's worried about weight saving when you have a tubby onboard :rolleyes:

Rob Turbo

I know that a mount from an s16 will fit an xm block, so I presume that the 406 mount will fit the xm block also

On my 205 turbo the engine originaly had the mi16 type mount, but when I was doing the 16v conversion I swapped the mount for one off an s16 to free up a bit more space!

Sign in to follow this