• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Uprated Clutch For 2.0 8v Turbo

M@tt

I've done some searchign and found that a clutch from a BX 1.7TD is a good replacement for the clutch on the turbo engine especially if you up the boost some.

Are there any other clutches which would be compatible, suitable? say off a 1.9TD van (Citroen or Pug) i havent been able to find anything which indicates whether the "upratedness" of them i by virtue of the clamping force from the plate or due to the physical size of the clutch plate itself.

Having a few more possible source vehicles just means i can keep an eye open for cheap ones on fleabay (it's all about getting a bargain :rolleyes: )

cheers

sonofsam

Did you not see Disco_stu's turbo fairly recent clutch topic? think that had some good suggestions in it.

What flywheel you using? My Mi clutch has been good for 6k now, doubt it will last too long with 1bar of goodness through it :rolleyes:

Hilgie

A sports GTi6 clutch works fine, but you need to convert the gearbox to pull mechanism. Second best thing is and OMP clutch for the Mi16.

I would leave the diesel clutches out...not very good experiences with these.

M@tt

yeah it was discostu's thread where i got the 1.7TD recommendation from, it'll be running a Mi16 flywheel

dont really fancy having to convert the gearbox if at all possible :rolleyes: it's going to have a BE3 1.9 box so whats that a push or pull??

whats so bad about the diesels i thought they'd be well suited considering they are supposed to handle more torque diesel engines produce

Hilgie

1.9GTi box is push...best option for you will be the OMP Mi16 clutch...problem with diesels is that the torque comes in gradually and not like the 2.0 instantly.

Discostu

Matt i did indeed run a turbo diesel clutch for a while.... but i found the problems i had were with my flywheel.

If u do not have a new flywheel i recommend u have it re-surfaced. I recently had mine re-surfaced and balanced (cost me £30 at a local machine shop) and fitted it along with a new mi16 clutch (valeo) and i have had no issues whatsoever with clutch slip (even with a bar of boost - see my project thread for power figures). Tbh i have been expecting it to start slipping any day now but its still going on trouble free :rolleyes:

I could have opted for a more performance orientated clutch like Ap racing, helix, etc but didnt want to spend that much money with the car being sold soon, if u'r on a tight budget i'd recommend u try this option instead

Sign in to follow this