• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Alan_M

Replacing Track Rods

Alan_M

I've figured out where my bits go on the rack rebuild with quickrack conversion (2.5 turns :rolleyes: ), but now I have another problem.

The old rods both had the grippy washer thing on each end where it screws into the rack, whereas the new GSF replacments I have do not. Only one side has it. The side without does'nt even have notches that the washer grips onto on the balljoint housing. Just comes with a plain washer.

The part numbers are correct though.

Anybody else experienced this?

RossD

Yep, I found this. I think some of the pattern parts dont have the lock washer. I just used some locktite on the threads....

jackherer

I bought some of the lockwashers seperately from Peugeot for not much money.

RossD

Yes, but some of the aftermarket rods dont have the cutouts for the lockwashers to lock into :)

Alastairh
Yep, I found this. I think some of the pattern parts dont have the lock washer. I just used some locktite on the threads....

Yes i also have had experience of this :)

Alan_M

The rod that does'nt have the notches for the grip washer actually comes with another washer, with a notch to locate it to the actual rack preventing any movement.

I gather it does not matter which way round they go then given that they are the same part numbers. Only P/Steering rods has different sides, correct?

Sign in to follow this