• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johny105_y2k

Possible Afm Problem?

johny105_y2k

Hello , probably a really simple one for you guys.

My 89 1.6GTI suffers poor fuel consumption and bad idling. i was speaking to a guy who i know and i said i'm gong to get another AFM

to which he said make sure its fitted correctly and 2 make sure its not fitted upside down or the wrong way round,

at the moment its connected up with the multiplug and wires pointing at the bulkhead.... is this correct?

also is their a prime system when you put the ignition on?

think mine could be dikky as it take about 15secs 2 start when its been left i dont hear it squirt like i did on my other car (a 106) just wondered if it had 1 fitted?

thanks in advance

johny

Edited by johny105_y2k

Phil205
Hello , probably a really simple one for you guys.

My 89 1.6GTI suffers poor fuel consumption and bad idling. i was speaking to a guy who i know and i said i'm gong to get another AFM

to which he said make sure its fitted correctly and 2 make sure its not fitted upside down or the wrong way round,

at the moment its connected up with the multiplug and wires pointing at the bulkhead.... is this correct?

also is their a prime system when you put the ignition on?

think mine could be dikky as it take about 15secs 2 start when its been left i dont hear it squirt like i did on my other car (a 106) just wondered if it had 1 fitted?

thanks in advance

johny

If you stand in front of the car, looking at the engine, the 5 pin plug should be on the left of the AFM. The cable disconnects by squeezing the connector and moving the cable away to the left.

If you removed the air pipe and looked into the AFM, from the air intake side, i.e. from the rear of the engine bay, you should see that the flap is hinged, with the hinge at the top.

The car should start instantly. Mine did, even when I had idling problems (now fixed).

brianthemagical

i'm assuning you'vr got an inlet shortener? the black cover should be on top and as lavel as poss. if itwas poining the wrong way it wouldn't work.

johny105_y2k

right then its the right way .and connected up properly,

what would make the fuel prime inop then?

checked fuses could it be the takky relay?

johny

Rom

Does this apply to all AFMs ? Mounting wise.

My AFM on my Mi is on its side B)

Guest crxtom
Does this apply to all AFMs ? Mounting wise.

My AFM on my Mi is on its side :angry:

Iv not seen a problem caused by how the AFM is mounted.

Sign in to follow this