• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

Huge Clunk

A2TheA

when i reverse and brake to pull away there is a huge clunk which can be heard and felt in the steering wheel.

i thought maybe a wheel bearing or something. i have replace brakes and discs on the front. but what else could it be?

cheers.

Baz

Std 1.6 Brake calipers by any chance...? :wacko:

M@tt

if it's not the brake calipers then go round and check all bolts are done up tightly (wishbones, subframe, steering rack)

A2TheA
Std 1.6 Brake calipers by any chance...? :wacko:

uh oh ... yeeeeaaaahhhh! :lol:

just goiung round and nipping all the bolts up you say will do the trick? ill try at the weekend.

and guess what i forgot to do... search this before posting sorry if i posted about something somebody else has posted about in the past. phew what a mouth ful.

cheers guys

GLPoomobile
and guess what i forgot to do... search this before posting sorry if i posted about something somebody else has posted about in the past. phew what a mouth ful.

cheers guys

That's OK, it's only been a week since this topic was last mentioned :lol: Significantly longer than most of the other repeat topics :wacko:

Sign in to follow this