• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stue205mi16

Sunroof

stue205mi16

is it easy to replace the sunroof handle,the flip down catch part has broken but it looks like a nightmare to get to and remove :wacko: actually the whole sunroof is in a bad way!!! can the whole lot be removed and replaced????

rescue dude
is it easy to replace the sunroof handle,the flip down catch part has broken but it looks like a nightmare to get to and remove :wacko: actually the whole sunroof is in a bad way!!! can the whole lot be removed and replaced????

If you want to change yours for one that works i have a complete oe sunroof from a J-reg 205 sat in my garage.

stue205mi16
If you want to change yours for one that works i have a complete oe sunroof from a J-reg 205 sat in my garage.

is it an easy job?? i mean ive got no access to a garage so ill have to do it outside:o and knowing my luck ill have all the sunroof out and it will rain :wacko:

ashley peddle

its an easy job to remove - usualy entails breaking a couple of the bits... so i imagine refitting would be a bit of a biach :wacko:

rescue dude
is it an easy job?? i mean ive got no access to a garage so ill have to do it outside:o and knowing my luck ill have all the sunroof out and it will rain :wacko:

Yes it's not too bad a job. Main tools you'll need is a drill to remove your pop rivets and remove your old sun roof frame and a pop rivetter to attach the new one.

The rivets come out nicely and refit quite easily.

I have everything you'll need including handle and centre roof console ,cables etc. When i removed mine it worked fine and surprisingly didn't leak. :lol:

stue205mi16
Yes it's not too bad a job. Main tools you'll need is a drill to remove your pop rivets and remove your old sun roof frame and a pop rivetter to attach the new one.

The rivets come out nicely and refit quite easily.

I have everything you'll need including handle and centre roof console ,cables etc. When i removed mine it worked fine and surprisingly didn't leak. :wacko:

:P ill need to get hold of a riviter first then(xmas pressie :lol: )how much are you after for it??

rescue dude

PM sent.

Sign in to follow this