• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
5150maxie

Stereo Turns Off?

5150maxie

i have just put a new stereo in my car and it keeps turning off when i sometimes apply the brake pedal?all the wiring is ok my other stereo didnt do it?any ideas?my stereo is brand new and works perfect.

Doof

Haha its mad isn't it....but mine does it too!

It did it worse when i had a dodgy alternator...which was replaced, but interestingly my battery light is still dimly lit when driving and my battery dies if i dont start my car for a week. I think my alternator or something is still duff but dont have time to find out.

Couldn't drop me a PM if you fix it could you? I'll do the same incase i miss this topic.

jackherer
but interestingly my battery light is still dimly lit when driving and my battery dies if i dont start my car for a week.

For me the dim battery light was caused by the ring connector on the main alternator cable breaking down, it was like it for ages and eventually snapped and left me stranded, when I fitted a new cable the dim light was gone.

KRISKARRERA

Yup or the smaller wire. My stereo was turning off too.

Doof

Does that small cable go to the brown multiplug? Which in my case is badly corroded.

Sometimes my rad fan doesn't come on when hot and i have to wiggle the wires around there...is that the brown multiplug as well?

5150maxie

i have just sorted its.it was my old stereo wiring harness plug,the 12v and ignition wires were a different way round.thanks every one. :wacko:

jackherer
Does that small cable go to the brown multiplug? Which in my case is badly corroded.

Sometimes my rad fan doesn't come on when hot and i have to wiggle the wires around there...is that the brown multiplug as well?

The alt wire goes through the brown plug of merde but the fan has its own self contained loom.

Sign in to follow this