• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Polybushing Wishbones

swordfish210

I'm currently doing a bit of a winter rebuild on my XT and i'm contemplating polybushing the lower wishbones when i get around to recondtioning the front suspension. I'v done a search and i can't find anything useful saying as to wether this is worth the money or not. I know that lots of other cars respond well to a polybush kit but i would like some feedback on the 205's response to it before i spend my hard earned money. Thanks

Dan Ingram

I asked about this quite a while ago. It seems some people think that the better option is to replace the bushes with proper Peugeot items as they seem to work just aswell and are a bit cheaper and last longer in some cases. Other people think that polybushing helps a little. On my last 205 I used proper Peugeot ones which worked perfectly well. I've just bought some powerflex ones for my current car but it wont be back on the road for a couple of months so I cant comment on what there like yet.

swordfish210

are standard peugeot bushes easy to fit as i'v never fitted rubber bushes in to wishbones before

mickie

i'd say the original bushes were just as good as polybushes, if fitted right the dealer ones work for ages

Rippthrough

I'd say the ones on my 306 were worth it - but they're not off-the-shelf units.

Otherwise I wouldn't have bother and gone with Pug ones.

Dan Ingram

The pug ones are pretty easy to fit as long as there lined up perfectly before you press them in. The poly ones are easier though as you put the poly bit in first then press the metal insert in to that.

Jrod

Poly is also alot easier as you don't have to have weight on the them when you do them up.

GazRallye

I have polybushes from TI motorsport on my XS and notice a vast improvement over pattern parts that were just 9 months old, feels a lot more responsive and instant when you turn the steering wheel. on the down side its a bit more crashy, but i think thats because my shocks are s*it and need replacing

SPGTi

I have used Superflex bushes for the past 3years and they are still as tight as when I put them first in. I choice these over Powerflex / Rally Design ones as all the reports I heard were that the Superflex were a lot more consistant than the others which could fail prematurely due to inconsistencies in the manufacturing processes.

I have no idea whether this is right or wrong but mine have lasted 2 sets of wishbones.

Steve

Sign in to follow this