• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurotrash

1.6 Pistons In A 1.9

Guest Eurotrash

hi just a quicky does anyone know what CC you get from using a 1.9 crank with 1.6 pistons as thinking it might be a possibility in getting my motor into the under 1800cc group for hillclimb events without completely switching engines? Also would reliability be affected in any way?

Any help would be grand :rolleyes:

Doof

It wouldn't change would it? The swept volume would be the same, but the compression would change, it would just be slighly higher i believe, but not sure by how much.

pug_ham

Using a 1.9 crank & 1.6 pistons you'd get the same cc as a normal 1.9 engine, 1905cc.

It wouldn't change would it?

No It wouldn't.

The engine capacity would stay the same & the c/r increased just like doof said.

Graham.

Anulfo

And you would get a hell of a lot of pinking!!!Best way of increasing CC of a 1.6 is oversize pistons!!!Im sure some of the guys racing 205's at castle combe in the various different race series have been able to get their engines to almost bang on 1800cc.However i can't imagine this being a cheap option!!

pug_ham

The best way to get an XU engine as close to 1800cc as you can is by using an XU7 crank & oversize pistons but as the XU7 engine was never fitted to the 205 in production it might rule you out of that class into a mod prod class but that depends on your series rule book.

Graham.

Guest Eurotrash

ok worth a shot thanks for the help just out of curiousty what did the xu7 engine go in orignally?? And as far as im aware as long as the external parts are correct and the sum of the internal parts is no greater than the Max CC for that class im ok to change what i like inside other wise you wouldn't be allowed to fit oversized pistons i think :wacko: . Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Graham

Thanks

Allan

James_R

1.8 engines in the 405 and 306 there's more that's all I know of

you may just have to use a block that's originally in the 205 so a XU5 or 9 block the crank liners etc.. can all be different.

DamirGTI

Hello !

1.6 pistons have 9cc dish and 37.50mm compression height ... i have DFZ pistons (same crown shape , compression height and dish volume as 1.6 pistons but they have conrods of same length as on the standard 1.9 D6B pistons ..) fitted inside 1.9 D6B engine and now the CR is around 11.1 also the squish height is smaller when using this pistons ...

Regards ! :)

Damir

Sign in to follow this