• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Center Drive Shaft Bearing

matt-k

Ive removed the driveshafts from my 1.6 ready for my mi to go in and the bearing is totally shot where it go's through the lower engine mount, i have another center drive shaft of the 405 mi engine and the bearing looks ok so i could use that shaft but would be happier to use a new bearing. Is it possible to replace it or do you need to buy the whole shaft?

Thanks, Matt.

welshpug

yep, the bearing is actually quite cheap, but you need a really long legged puller or a tall press with a good assortment of dies etc, details of how to replace the bearing is well documented in all Haynes manuals would you believe!!

Ryan

A new bearing is about £17 (or was when I bought one last June). If you can still read the SKF part number on the old bearing then you can probably get it cheaper from a bearing supplier.

Miles

Also worth getting the metal retainer as well, Using the old one isn;t a good idea

Pugnut
A new bearing is about £17 (or was when I bought one last June). If you can still read the SKF part number on the old bearing then you can probably get it cheaper from a bearing supplier.

i got one for about £8 from a bearing supplier. i'm sure i've got the number somewhere , but i just gave the dimensions in MM from the parts CD which was enough for the bearing dood.

Al

matt-k
i got one for about £8 from a bearing supplier. i'm sure i've got the number somewhere , but i just gave the dimensions in MM from the parts CD which was enough for the bearing dood.

Al

Hi, if you could give me the bearing dimensions from the parts cd that would be great! And if anyone knows of a bearing company that could help too??

Cheers, Matt.

Sign in to follow this