• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugnut

Rear Hatch Plastic Trim

Pugnut

found a mint rear panel in a scrappy and i'm going back this week to remove. any tips on getting one off in one piece? iirc last time i did one i broke it .

regards, Al

large

Just change the boot lid :huh:

jord294

underneath 'peugeot' '205' 'gti' etc badges are 4 clips which slide over rivets which are fastened in boot lid and hold plastic trim on

if you remove badges first, you can't go wrong :huh:

Edited by jord294

Pugnut
underneath 'peugeot' '205' 'gti' etc badges are 4 clips which slide over rivets which are fastened in boot lid and hold plastic trim on

if you remove badges first, you can't go wrong :huh:

thanks, i remember now!

cheers, Al

Roman

if it glue'd on surface... no way in one piece :rolleyes:

pug_ham

Check inside the hatch for a small pin that comes through the hatch near the lock, it sometimes has a clip on the back & will damage the panel if you don't notice it.

Graham.

GLPoomobile

.....and then once you've removed all clips and the lock barrel, you need to carefully slide the panel downwards while easing it over the rivets that the clips were fastened too. The edge of the panel is delicate so take care as you slide it off to avoid cracking it.

craig f90

I would take a wall paper scraper too. Incase its double sided taped on, mine was. just run it around the edges before you slide it off.

M_R_205
:)

wish me luck then!!!

I was just about to ask this question!! Good luck :)

Sign in to follow this